Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To My Mother

Like a flower...
you bloom with rare beauty and charm.
Like a bird...
you soar up with such confidence and pride.

Like the sun...
you smile with total warmth and tenderness.
Like the sea...
you create waves of inspiration and love.

I have never seen
a lady as lovely as you;
Nor have I met
a person as caring as you are.

You've thought me everything I know,
You've given me everything I need.
You've done a great job rearing me,
You're the best mother, indeed!


*** I wrote this several years ago, when I still see life as a fairy tale, the way I look at life had changed drastically since then but the way I see my mother remains the same and it'll forever be. I love you omma, Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Poem you dedicated to your mom is absolutely beautiful!!!
    Reading this poem...I miss my mom more than ever!
    Salamat!

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!