Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ain't a Fairy Tale (Entry #1 & 2)

AND JUST BECAUSE I LOVE ATE SUE... HERE IT IS!


2010, July 07

6:15am

I'm just like those typical girls who grew up loving fairy tales, blame it on the enigma (or tradition, whichever you see fit) of reading such literary pieces to children, thus imprinting stories of Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks on young minds. But - though I love it, it does not necessarily means that I live it, mind you live and love are two entirely different verbs, you can even check Mr. Webster or Mrs. Merriam if you don't believe me, keke.

What's not to like in a fairy tale, you may ask, it has a straight and simple storyline, it showcase the triumph of good versus evil and it always have happy endings. And that's exactly why I love fairy tales, but the portrayal of people in these lit could use a little more tweaking *doing the classic Seo In Young mania sign back in the WGM days* or so I say.

First of, I'm not really a fan of those damsel-in-distress characters, I mean who in their right mind would put their future and entire life in the hands of some random prince charming *cough strangers cough* who may or may not pass them by. Remember Rumpelstiltskin, he may not look like your usual princes but he is a prince in his own right and he rescued the damsel-in-distress twice in exchange with trivial stuff like a not-so-pricey-ring but as the straw-turn-to-gold-weaving-leading lady loves to wallow in her piling problems, the tragedy of the first-born and tons of name guesses begins, it could have been easily prevented if the lady character has her brains and brawn with her, don't you think so? Now, do I even need to mention Cinderella and her unending need to be help by her fairy godmother?

And then, there's these odd pairings in fairy tale stories that will make you gawk and will turn your head in 360 degrees full speed because of utter disbelief, you can have your pick amongst the frog prince, the swan princess, beauty and the beast, and don't even get me started on Shrek and princess Fiona as their love story is so complicated that even my so-called-complicated-mind can't un-complicate what they have (is that even at league with fairy tales, aish, whatever).

Of course, I can't not mention in this list the century-gap eld (yeah, I'm exaggerating a little here) between couples, if sleeping beauty was cursed to sleep for a hundred years and her tragic story travel far and wide before it reached the ears of the soon-to-be prince charming plus the princess' palace was in such a state when the debonair prince found it, I can safely assume that a number of years (or a decade) had passed before their kiss-sealed fate took place. In a time when word of mouth is the only way to pass news and gossips, how long before a tidbit as such can reach a far away kingdom, hmmm... let's think that over, shall we?



So much bravado so early in the morning, I'm feeling angst-y, I wonder why?

I got to run, I have an early shoot today, another day in Storm-paradise...

I may or may not continue on this journal entry later, it all depends on the grueling tasks ahead of me, on my mood and on someone's phone call.

Later... :)


***************

2010, July 08
2:10am

I got home at eight, had late dinner with omma and appa at nine, bid my goodnight at eleven and from that time up till a few seconds ago, I was staring at the ceiling thinking and contemplating about life.

I am a little calmer than I was yesterday morning but as that insipid man is still in his silent bubble wrap, I am yet to get out of my mid-level antagonistic mood. I can't believe that a 25-year old man can act as such and continue on for days, it's actually been more than a week if I'm gonna be technical about it. How can a normal person waste his hard-earned money by making a long-distance call from US to Korea without uttering a single word but abnormally stays on the line for almost an hour? It's like he is trying to dig deep into my conscience, as if I am guilty of anything, by using the power of silent treatment but he's doing it in a peculiar and expensive way, it is actually funny and I would have laugh my heart out if I am not on the receiving end. *sigh* I bet the fairy tale princesses had it better than me...

He's been on it since he landed in L.A, I only got one decent call and that was just to tell me that he went ahead with his un-planned vacation even without me and as I unceremoniously crushed his dream rendezvous yet again, he decided to change all his plans and itinerary. And as if that speech was not crazy enough, the drat man even added that I do not have the right to know where he's going to stay and what he's gonna do because I chose to work with Brian than play and chill with him, oh the gall of that man, as if I was going to ask him anything... at that time. Following that one-way phone conversation, one-way as he didn't gave me any chance to talk, he just went on and on and then bid me goodnight, were a number of nightly silent calls, all from the same number, precisely made at the same time - in the middle of the night, it's like he decided on a daily morning regimen while I, on the other hand, was given a nightly punishment, and each call lasted a minute longer as if he is really trying to push me to my limit. Truthfully, my patience is waning, if I am to be subjected to another soundless phone call tomorrow night, I swear to pop out all the bubbles in his wrap until he go deaf due to mini-explosions *breath in, breath out*, phew, now I am really thankful that I practiced yoga before, imagine if I hadn't master an extreme level of patience and self-control and I go into a relationship with a 4D heartthrob, I bet it'll be over in a day *smirk*.


Now I shall digress, while I was listening to a non-talking caller, my mind was working on a super speed mode, I was thinking, what if Rapunzel found out that the dashing man below the tower is actually a 4D prince, will she still roll down her hair? Now that I think about it, how high is that tower exactly? As far as I know, the only way the wicked witch was able to go in and out of the tower was through her flying broomstick, but I stand to be corrected, anyone? If it is as such, how can Rapunzel see and hear the prince down below even if he is shouting at the top of his lungs?

If I was Rapunzel, I'll just cut my long braided hair, tie one end on a pole, a post or anything sturdy for that matter, drop the other end on the tower window, hike up my skirt and do some rappelling. Ain't that better than risking it with an unknown prince? Better yet, I'll rappel down to meet the awaiting prince and I can just climb back up the tower if we don't click, but I might have to pull my former-hair-turned-rope up to make sure that the prince can't and won't follow me, keke.


I gotta hit the sack, our weekly bible meet is set to start earlier and I don't wanna be late.

The non-conformist sleeping beauty is signing off...

15 comments:

  1. here's what i think: (i'll be objective....ummm...no? lol!)

    first, the vocab is jjang! really great choice of words ate. each word seemed to perfectly describe what "she" feels or what the situation is calling for. every word just fit the story perfectly.

    second, the plot is superb.just how you turned a usual hang time before sleep occurs into a series of flashbacks and realization moments is beyond me but i enjoyed it all nonetheless. (gwad the silent phone calls lasting a minute longer than the previous is really weirdly sweet. no? how'd you think of that by the way? lol)

    third, the addition of rapunzel to wrap the story up is way cool! she could have done that if she had a brain larger than the size of a pea (ooppsss wrong story?hehe) but then she was made into a damsel in distress state by the author so we could do nothing much about it. LOL

    this is very nice and superbly entertaining ate pink. how you played with words is really something. im excited for the next chap!

    this is me honoring you with a 90 degree bow for a very well written fic. til next time..

    much purple love,
    pammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuuunnnnnniiiieee!!!

    I cannot believe you were actually shy in showing this to me..

    It was wonderful, like I was actually reading what was on Hwangbo's brain and how she was feeling..

    I love fairy tales, too!! Yes, I'm twenty something, and I still keep my Disney soundtracks (Yes, in cassette tapes). So incorporating it in your FF makes it more magical and enchanting..

    I also loveLOVElove that it's a journal, so I am expecting a hundred journal entries (Yes, I demand a long fic ^^).

    Thank you for sharing it with me, and I am so looking forward to the next entries!! If you don't show it to me, I might go on hunger strike after the protest in chango earlier!! Hahahaha!!

    --nadene--

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooh, did i say it made me LOL??

    i really like the twist and the tang!!!

    --nadene--

    ReplyDelete
  4. firstly thanks sa note up there^ im soo touch talaga...i know im so kulit pero im glad i did it coz ito na yung result

    I agree with Pam your choice of words...galing

    the story love it...love how you incorporate your facination for fairytales and joongbo couple...its very entertaing...i was like lol sa part where HJ calls HB and he doesnt talk soo 4D

    i therefore conclude after reading your unfinish ff (parinig) that my gutfeel was right...that this Pink that i get to chat with every single day (tulog lang pahinga) have a talent/gift to write....im proud of you (im so mushy)

    THANK YOU pink for sharing your ff with us and for caving to my kulits...now next chapter pretty please...if i need to make threats i will but i have to think of another one coz got the hunger strike na

    luv yah Pink

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant think of any threats pa din....i'll join na lang nads sa hunger strike...yun na yun

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. your words are just brilliant. i aint exaggerating, ate pinky. how can you form such a beautiful sentence. im so jealous.

    i think everyone will agree on me. next chapter please!!

    riz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there you are in the Jbph chatroom telling me that your FF is not worth reading (grabe pa-humble :)
    Eniwei, I am amused on how you incorporate the fairytales with our Joongbo couples. Yeah we can be a sucker for fairytales sometimes but if you really think about it they just gives us false hopes (bitter). Pero galing mo talaga next chapter pls.

    roxybeloved

    ReplyDelete
  8. @pam - i'm speechless, salamat ng marami. and yeah, i'm hugging all the purple love that you sent my way.

    @nads - thanks a bunch, coming from you, that is such an honor. and LOL on your hunger strike, gusto rin maki-join ni ate sue oh.

    @ate sue - thank you ate sue. i'm really happy that you like it, about the next chap., can you wait a little longer, i'm really sorry for the delay, my mind's not cooperating eh.

    @riz - aw, you're so sweet. i'm glad that you like it.

    @roxy - hahaha, yes, fairy tales teach us to dream the impossible dream. thanks for leaving some love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love you! i love this! next entry please and i agree make it a hundred entries more... aja!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw~
    nosebleeds...
    So much of the english (not so familiar vocabs)kekeke^^
    now i'm gonna start reading all you posts^^

    -lovekathy-

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anon - hundred entries may not work because at the pace that i'm doing this, i may be a granny before i reach a hundred, hahaha.

    @lovekathy21 - ahahaha, thanks for leaving some love kathy and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing your stories w/us. love your humor, it's very playful and fun to read and also fits the lettuce/joongbo couple very much. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks! i'm super glad that you get my twisted kind of humor :) see yah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHMY! I REALLY LOVE YOUR FANFICS! AWESOME storyline and vocabulary.Your way of writing is really unique! I look forward to more of your works!^^ Thanks for keeping me occupied! :D

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!