Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Like Rain!

This one's for our Bebe because I had an amazing time laughing like crazy last night... U Know what I mean right?



Hwangbo was awaken by the non-stop ringing of her hand phone, she looked at the bedside clock with sleep-laden eyes and was instantly thankful to the person calling her, she has an eight o'clock filming schedule and as it is she only has an hour to prepare, she hates being late because she hates being an inconvenience.

The continuous ringing jolted her body to move and the flashing caller ID made her heart race. "He's back!" a smile plastered on her face.

"Yoboseoyo!"

"I miss you! Are you free today?"

"Are you back in Korea?" When? Why didn't you tell me that you're coming home?" she asked barely containing her excitement.

"To answer your first question, nope, I'm still in Thailand but I'll be there, presumably in five hours top, your second question is invalid and for the third, I'm telling you now, aren't I?" he said teasingly.

"Yah, after you disrupt my beauty sleep, you have the audacity to laugh at my inquiries? My, my, you're getting arrogant mister."

The man on the other side mumbled something incoherent and they both laugh their heads off.

"I have to go, I'll see you in a few hours..."

She heard his frantic manager begging him to move before the line went dead.

She was staring in space, happily dreaming of lovely scenarios between them, all thoughts of work were flushed out of her mind until her stylist peaked in her room asking if she's ready with her manager's voice in the background telling her to hurry as they were already running late.

"Oh darn, I totally forgot." she murmured, both to her stylist and to herself.


They were just half an hour late, thanks to her manager's mad-driving skills, the staff and crew as well as her co-hosts were all ready, so they started filming as soon as she came.

Half-way through the shoot, she saw her manager waving her hand phone wildly to get her attention, she gave her permission to answer it on her behalf. They were given the chance to rest after the said take as the production staff will change some pieces of the setting. Her manager rushed to her side and told her that the call was from a certain secretary in J.Tune, he wanted to ask Hwangbo where she wants to eat lunch so he can reserve it in advance, her manager also added that she told the secretary that the latter will call him up the minute she's free to do so.

"Is he back from Thailand?" her manager asked, a little too thrilled for comfort.

"He's on his way." she answered simply.

"Then, why aren't you jumping for joy? He's been location-hunting for a month straight, now that he's back shouldn't you be showing some signs of ecstasy?"

She looked at her manager with amusement, "I bet you're giddy all over, you fan girl you," she said with a mischievous smile.

They looked at each other and both doubled up in laughter.

"Call the secretary up, tell him that I have work to attend to so lunch is out of the question, tell him that I'm sorry and please ask him to relay the same message to his boss. Thanks." she said with a smile.

"Aah, I'm going crazy. I just wish we can pack up early so I can make it up to him later."

After settling the matter with her manager, she decided to stand on her place and hangout with Brian. She found him chatting with some of his American friends, he introduced her to them and she smiled politely. She do understand the English language but she can't say that she's a fluent speaker so to avoid any embarrassment, she decided to keep mum. But when one of the girls asked her something, that she can't really understand, blame it on their slang, she dared not to keep her silence.

"I LIKE RAIN!"

It's the only thing that came to mind. Whatever their reaction was, it was drowned in the PD's chain of to do's and to say's.


An hour after twelve, they are finally having lunch, the PD doesn't want conversations and discussions among the hosts to be shot in series as it may hinder the flow, so they went ahead and finish it up even though they are all dying of hunger.

While everyone are enjoying, or at least trying to enjoy, their lunch, a red convertible gallantly parked in front of the building stopping everyone in their tracks. Out comes a man in a casual denim jeans and slim-fit white tee...

"Rain!" someone's brave enough to say something and that seems to remind everyone that breathing is still possible.

Everyone stares at Rain and then look amongst themselves, silently questioning each other on why the international star is there.

"Is he a special guest?"

"Are we scheduled to film another episode with him today?"

"Is he looking for the PD?"

"Should we go and ask him?"

"Call the PD ASAP!"

Hwangbo is staring at their uninvited guest, they have been together for almost a year but the sight of him still makes her heart jump, her knees weak and her throat dry. Most of the people here have no idea that they are together as a couple but some do, she's always been a private person so she never see the need to tell and explain to everyone what she does with her life and who she does it with.

After what seems like eternity, a few minutes in normal term, when she regain her strength and her ability to talk, she sashayed her way to him, transfixed on his smile, a smile that can conquer the world, well, it already did conquered hers.

When she's just a few steps away from him, she stop and breath in his scent, oh, how she miss this man. She is actually content to just stand there for a while but the man in front of her pulled her in for an embrace and a peck on the lips.

She's drowning but she can't help but smile.

"How did you find out about this place and why are you here Ji Hoon?"

"Well, I have my sources, Hye Jung. And as I am starving because my lunch date stood me up, I decided to bring the lunch to my date, do you mind?"

"No, I don't!" Hwangbo tiptoed and kiss him.

"Aah, That's why she said that she likes Rain, I thought she meant rain, as in water falling from the sky rain."

"I think she means she loves Rain, she's just not that good in expressing herself in our language."


NOTE: I know it sucks but I bet it'll make Bebe snap a little and that's accomplishment enough for me *evil laugh*.

ANOTHER NOTE: You know I like you Bebe, right? I wouldn't be all fired up if not for my love, my love to tease you *another evil laugh*.

TAIL END OF A NOTE: I'll try to do better next time, till then, don't throw cow dung at me...



11 comments:

  1. Me not likin` the team up but me lovin` the story.

    Write more...please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry ngayon lang ako nakapagpost ng comment....as usual .....i really....really...enjoyed reading this ff....merong kilig factor....even if we change the male lead in this ff maganda pa din lalabas coz its the story thats good.

    Thanks ulit na entertain na naman ang adik

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anon - thank you! and contrary to popular belief i'm not shipping rain and hwangbo, i just did this one to annoy somebody, see my notes for reference, hehe.

    @ate sue - hooray for ate sue! talagang tanggap mo na na adik ka ha, hahaha. shall we change HB's partner, then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh i love rain and hwangbo too.keke but i love joongbo more^^


    i'm betting gf *bebe* was annoyed?lol


    ate thanks for the wonderful fics!!! im laate with things grabe bt now q lng nkta blog m?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, she was annoyed... to the highest level, hahaha.

    thanks for the visit holic and kindly update twisted please... update! update! update! *chanting continuously*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, so sweet!

    can you make more rain-hwangbo ff, please...

    i'm pro-ssangchu but i like rain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. because you say please, i might just do one, i just don't know when, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah! the surprise bf! why do i always assume it's HJ first? The unexpected bf always makes me have to read the story a 2nd time so I can imagine the right person - haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ anon - your comment made me grin, i love love your comment... and i did read this fic again just to see what you imagine, hahaha.

    i even found one mistake, i guess it passed my not so-eagle eye in proofreading, week - it should be weak, oh well, i changed it already, thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love rain too! nice story, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anon - you're welcome, thanks for dropping by :D

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!