Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lifeless

Alone in the midst of darkness
walking by the graveyard on my own
Death brought forth by loneliness
Fear and misery in my home.

Alone in the cold wind of the night
Tearfully wishing for the light
Thinking about the love that I lost
Wondering if our path would ever cross.

Alone in the room of shadows
Drowning through my sorrows
A smile to hide the pain
Hoping I may fade in the rain.

... Alone ...



She slowly drop the pen, take a deep breath and stare straight at the television set. The creases on her forehead deepens as the man who has brought her so much happiness and has given her her deepest heartache and pain walks on the stage, flashes his signature smile and starts to sing.

His song seems to be void of emotions and his smiles doesn't reach his eyes but she still envy him, at least he can pretend to be happy and fake a grin while she's here... lifeless.



Note: Bee just told me last night that we should write happy fics and I immediately told her that all my works have happy endings, I even told her that as much as I try, I can't seem to create a sad and gloomy piece. I guess, in between that time and today something happened, don't ask me what.

Another Note: I planned on Alone as a title but after I wrote this, Lifeless seems to be a better title. So to honor my previous thought, I shall entitle the poem Alone and the entire lit. Lifeless :). Fair deal, right?


6 comments:

  1. short and direct... i dig it!

    i love the poem, i got the message. brilliance in a few words...

    give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay parang i know kung sino first nagcomment...

    anyways....love your poem ...as usual galing ng wordings...but mas bagay sa iyo mga happy endings

    thanks pink

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is, as i said, prologuish... (i make up words, don't mind me)

    so now, the Bee is looking for the real thing. something like 'part 1'! wahaha

    seriously te, the poem can tell a thousand stories... ok, hundreds! make it long shot, please please?!

    the reason i'm here, honestly, because me was looking for the pervy fic! i thought you made one! lemme read it! i'm a pervy freak! hahaha

    without perv, i'd be LIFELESS! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anon - thank you, i'm blushing, hehe.

    @ate sue - i'm a happy person kaya mas bagay sa akin ang happy endings dba ate sue, si bee ba ang may hawak ng trono sa sad ffs? :)

    @bee - i'm sorry bee, this will remain as a short, short one shot, unless you decide to make it a long one, hehe. just ask bee and it's yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, a sad one...

    and i agree with jobibee, you can make this a long one, the poem by itself can tell a lot of stories... would you consider doing it?

    you're a brilliant writer, i'm loving everything in here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, my heart's going to explode soon, i swear. stop already. am i really brilliant, weeee?

    nyahahaha, adik na ko... nahawa na ko kay belle...

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!