Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ain't a Fairy Tale (Entry #3)

For Manager-nim, hope it reach your expectations.



2010, July 08
10:00pm

The man who has been silently torturing me for days in a row rang me at 12 in the afternoon and said a single phrase 'I can't sleep', we stayed on the line for more than half an hour before I heard his heavy breathing, I hung up and prayed that the international call will be cut on its own. I've asked around and the time difference between L.A and Seoul is 15 hours so it was midnight when he called, and though his ways were irksome, I'm overjoyed that the mere thought of my presence at the end of the line calmed him down and lulled him to sleep. That alone made my day.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still detest the man for being childish and petty and obnoxious but my traitorous heart can't help but fall deeper because of his crazy antics and his obvious ploy to get my attention. He shows his affection and dedication quite differently from the rest of us and I think, that's where his charm lies, he turns the simple things into exquisite gifts, he makes an ordinary event into an amazing experience, he lets me wander in a world that seems to be magical though no Tinkerbell or pixie dust exist, and that's what makes him special, utterly lovable.

Me sounds like a fan girl *grins*, this diary can never be release in public, ever, or my reputation will be ruin. Even the man whose identity I question cannot read this or he'll huff and puff like a big bad wolf, he'll think that I fancy him that much and though it is true, I won't give him the satisfaction, not yet anyway, keke.

I firmly believe that a woman should have an equal, if not the upper hand, in a relationship. Have you heard of a phrase the quarter of a pair or a three-fourths of a couple, you haven't right? It has always been the half or the better half, and that shall stay that way...

Uhm, coincidentally, have you notice how the male protagonists in fairy tales always dictates the flow of their relationships, I mean have you heard any of the princes or the knights ask their lady love for their permission, comments and points of view? Aish, another reason that makes me shy away from fairy tale-like love story...

When Sleeping Beauty's prince charming waged a war with the wicked witch and rescued her, he instantaneously decided that the princess will marry him and they will live and rule in their kingdom without even asking for her affirmation. Yes, he was awed with her beauty, his knees trembled and lost control and his heart skipped a beat which prompted him to kiss her, so I deduce that it was love at first sight...on the prince's side, but did anyone even consider what the princess felt? Yes, she was awaken and the curse of a hundred-year sleep was broken because of the kiss but she might have felt violated, imagine being kissed by someone you don't even know and it could be considered as stolen as she was fast asleep when it was done, right? Sleeping Beauty might not had been fully awake and the next thing she knew, she's getting married and all. That's kinda crappy, don't you think?

Snowhite suffered the same fate, she may have developed some feelings towards one of the dwarfs but as she was save by a stray prince and may or may not had been forced to come with him, my illusion of a wedded bliss between a princess and an elfin was bilked. Gawd, as expected from Brothers Grimm...

Oh, and so I won't forget, the name of the girl that lived with the seven dwarfs was Snowdrop, the original story was, also, entitled as such. The one with Snow White as a character was Snow White and Red Rose, it tells a story of two sisters who fell in love with the same person who appears to them in different physique - a bear and a handsome prince. There might have been some misunderstandings and confusion back then which were carried out till now. Oh well, a rose with any other name will smell as sweet, I guess, it also applies with Snowdrop.

Will he call later? Should I wait?

He did call me today but is that counted when it's not made on his usual schedule?

Okay, okay, I miss him...terribly and though he's not talking, I still wallow in the idea that he likes to connect with me in any possible way. I am caught... yes I am, in the web that is Kim Hyun Joong.



*Manager-nim = Ate Sue

6 comments:

  1. At last Chap 3

    Good work....galing talaga ng talent ko

    Fairy Tale is very light, entertaining and funny... for a rookie ff writer you're good...are you sure Fairy Tale is your first ff?

    now m ready for the next chapter please....thanks Pink

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, manager-nim you always shower me with praises... you stoke my delusions... you are the wind beneath my wings, hahaha, jowk lang ate sue, you know i love you.

    But where art thou my readers? I think I have none :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's the next entry, post it now, palli, palli!

    maybe you could put all the entries together para dere-deretso ang pagbasa namin, hahaha, demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i could do that, hayaan mo pag-aaralan ko pero kapag natapos ko na siguro isulat ang ff na ito. next chap. may come out after hb's bday. more on hwangbo muna tayo for the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you have a long fic eh, and im not wrong you really can pull it off.

    i read this and i had to backtrack to read the first two entries and back here again to re-read this one, but i end up craving for more, when will you update?

    can you put a subscription link, so i can subscribe, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. subscription link? i'll try...

    and i'm glad you like ain't a fairy tale, it's my first baby, that's why i think of it as a special one...

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!