Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The End

My pink and purple lala-land is still shrouded, will you wait till I can twirl again?



Why do great love stories always end in tragedy? Why can't it be a fairy tale, a once upon a time and a they live happily ever after? Why do I have to cry while the woman in the last romance novel that I read smile and dance and laugh? Why can't I be happy when others who are not an ounce better than me seems to have found joy? Why do I have to suffer when all I ever wanted was to love and to be love? Why?


All my life, I tried hard not to fall in love, when God knows how much I wanted to, because I was scared. I build up a strong wall, hoping it will keep me safe and protected. I blinded myself from beauty, charm and grace, except from those that I already knew, hoping that I'll journey through this world unscathed and unharmed. I live my life, opting to hide and hoping that I can stay hidden as long as I want. But hopes, just like wishes, doesn't always come true.

Somebody up there decided to send me someone, maybe He thought that it's about time to move, to grow up and to have what I always wanted, but I was too 'chicken' to look.

Ours may not be a match made in heaven but it sure is a match blessed by heaven. But as most love stories go, it's not all bliss - there's always a turning point, a catch. And ours is way out of our league, I can't even begin to comprehend why or when it happened, I just know it did. And I don't have the power to stop it, or maybe I did, I just have that much pride within me, more than I can handle, I guess. And so it goes, then it was gone.

He wanted me to have everything - fancy clothes, jewelries and cars, everything that he thought I need, everything that he thought I want. When all I ever wanted was him. when all I ever needed was for him to love me.

How can a great love come to a tragic end?


5 comments:

  1. still in your emo-bubble?

    this one's not crappy, it's angsty, you did well.

    i know, you know me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He wanted me to have everything - fancy clothes, jewelries and cars, everything that he thought I need, everything that he thought I want. When all I ever wanted was him. when all I ever needed was for him to love me.

    How can a great love come to a tragic end?"

    I hope this wont happen to our fave couple...I wish for them to be happy and marry..this time for real.

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anon - aaaaah, it's you again, should i even bother? hahaha, kidding. thanks for reading and liking it.

    @ate sue - manager-nim, i need more shots of spazzes, even though it always amounted to nothing, hahaha, it still made my heart pound even for 30minutes or less, hahaha.
    it won't happen to them ate sue, we just need to say it three times - candyman, candyman, candyman, hahaha, horror movie, sorry, i got confused, im still watching cinderella. i miss you ate sue, its been a few hours already... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesnt have the depth that your other writings have but if its true that you've written it while you're in a bad mood, i applaud you, not all writers can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaa... my head is swelling to its biggest possible size... nakakalaki ng ulo mga sinasabi mo, susmaryosep ka! ahahaha, di ko napigilan mag-tagalog eh noh?

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!