Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One Wish Granted (Scenario Number One)

I'm currently watching Endless Love (Filipino version), Jenny and her mom (not the real one) see each other again after years of being apart, I swear it's heart-wrenching, gah, I'm crying a river while I'm typing this and I'm telling you, writing a happy fic while crying is not easy, not at all. Hahaha, but as I am crazy, I think I can pull it off, or at the very least, pass the line.


Hwangbo was awaken by the non-stop ringing of her hand phone, she looked at the bedside clock with sleep-laden eyes and was instantly thankful to the person calling her, she has an eight o'clock filming schedule and as it is she only has an hour to prepare, she hates being late because she hates being an inconvenience.

But she can't help but smile when she remembers why it is hard for her to get up this morning, when she has been an early-riser since she was a child. Her beau of two years, who's now in Japan for an event related to his flower boy character a year ago, called her up when the clock strikes twelve, not a minute more, not a minute less, to greet her a happy birthday. He can't be with her during her special day but he made it a point to be the first one to greet her, the phone call that was meant to wish and sing her a birthday song lengthened to a three-hour conversation, allowing her a little time to sleep while he had none at all, as he was expected to be ready at four for an early morning photo shoot (time difference between Korea and Japan not computed, I'm not really good in Math *chuckles*).

He asked about her plans, on how she is going to celebrate, with who and where, but as she's not in the mood to rejoice an increase in her age, she told him off. The truth is, she very much wanted to celebrate her birthday with him but as his schedule won't permit, she's willing to forgo the whole thing; she also misses Choong Jae as this is the first in a very long time that they wouldn't be able to celebrate together, she told him that she'll visit him in the military camp to hang out but he told her that a weekend off and a trip somewhere nice is what he needs, and at the moment, the both of them are still searching for that perfect place and yeah, their trying to settle all their schedule conflicts, who would have guess that a man in military service also have a very tight one. Besides, she have an episode taping of Storm, and though it's her birthday, work is still her priority, maybe she'll just have dinner with her close friends and ask them to buy her a pretty cake, so she can wish and blow her 30th candle.

The continuous ringing awakened her from her reverie and jolted her body to move. The flashing caller ID made her smile even brighter, it had just been four hours since they talk but he misses him so and she's glad that he finds time to call her.


"Yoboseoyo!"

"Jungie, I miss you!"

"Hahaha, aren't you cheesy so early in the morning, but I do miss you, too!"

"Happy birthday!"
he said unable to hide his mirth.

"Oh, thank you, Hyun Joongie,"
she whined sweetly. "I bet I'm going to have a happy one."

"Wae? You said you have no plans today, have you changed your mind?"
he asked, his tone a hitch lower.

"Hahaha, happiness doesn't equate to me partying, I'm just betting that I'll have a good one because you have wished me a happy birthday a number of times already and it's just in a span of eight hours."

"Okay then, tell me your one greatest wish for your birthday. I was supposed to ask you last night but our conversation drifted off so fast, I wasn't able to,"
he said, relief evident on his voice.

"Uhm, world peace,"
she joked.

"Not that I don't believe you, but it's too much of a cliche,"
he teased.

"Hahaha, so you think you know me well, huh?"

"I think, I know you fairly enough,"
he retorted.

"So, you should have known that I really, truly wish for world peace, as well as, an end to hunger and poverty. Oh, I also wish for equality, justice, prosper-,"

"Wait up Hye Jungie, are you trying to win a beauty contest?" he told her in between chuckles. "You might as well mention your plan to save the environment and uplift the lives of women in Korea,"
he said in an attempt to cod her.

Try as she may to sound hurt coz he's mocking her, she was unable to hold in her bubbles of laughter, "Yah, though I have no plans in joining any beauty contest, I do want to be a champion for mother nature, and I want to inspire women, not just in Korea but in the whole world, to uplift their lives," she blurted in between fills of laughter.

How he loves to listen to the sound of her laughter, he's been away for five days but he feels like, it has been forever. To hear her voice is a joy but to hear her laughter is ecstasy. He so want... he so need to be with her, to be close to her, to touch her, to caress her hair, to embrace her, to kiss her - that is his nirvana. And he's nearing his heaven, just a little more...

"You're the most generous and most loving person that I have ever met, and I know that your heart is capable of wishing all those that we, both, have mentioned, but at the moment, I need to hear your wish, an individual wish, a personal wish, a wish for yourself, it is your birthday so please be self-centered and selfish even just for today," stating a fact and telling a joke at the same time.

"Hahaha, oh wait, let me cry for a minute here," (visual: pinching the bridge of her nose).

"Jungie, palli, tell me, who knows, I might be able to make it come true," he coerced.

"Hmm, seriously, I have this wish that I think you should fulfill but I don't think you can..."

"Now, you made me curious, what could that wish be?" he played along.

"It's okay if you can't grant me my wish today but you have to give me two wishes more when you come back, deal?" she challenged.

"Arasso! Now, tell me your wish my lady," trying to sound like a British noble.

"Hahaha, you don't sound like a nobleman, you actually sounded creepy, hahaha. My wish, my wish is... to spend my birthday with you, can you appear in front of me, right now?"

No response.

She kept her silence, waiting for him to react. A minute had passed, still nothing from the other end - "Hyun Joong-ah, yah, are you still there?"

She was rewarded with a grunt. 'At least, he didn't hang up,' she thought.

Just one more turn and he can make her wish come true. He signaled his manager cum driver to hurry up, he's giddy with excitement, he cannot wait to see the surprise on her face when she opens the door to him.

He really wants to surprise her, it actually took all his effort not to blurt out that his coming home for her birthday. He bought her a pair of white gold Cartier earrings, it would go well with the watch that he had given her a few months back. And he really hopes that she'll like his present.

He talked to her for three hours on the phone, hoping that she'll wake up late, as he needs all the time he can get to make his plan work. He told her that he had an early morning photo shoot but the truth is he went straight to the airport when they hung up, he landed half an hour ago and he's now on his way to see her.

Two minutes more, if he's not mistaken...

"Yah! Should I hang up? I told you, you don't need to worry about it, you can just give me two more wishes when you come back."

"But, I want to be your genie for today and say the phrase, Your wish is my command," he said mournful.

"Joongie, listen to me, it doesn't matter, we can celebrate my birthday any other day because as long as you're with me, everyday will always be a special day. Thrust that in your 4D mind. Just focus on your work by now and I'll see you when you come back, arachi?"

"Oh," he whined.

"I really need to go now, I have a Storm filming today and I'm running late. Aaah, someone's at the door and by the sounds of the urgent ringing, it must be my manager. I love you, be safe, take care of yourself, see you soon."

"Why, in a rush, can you stay on the line for just a minute more?"

"I guess I can, but I need to answer the door before my manager breaks it down," she said grinning.

She went out of her room, ready to spew her made up excuses to her manager, she opens the door and voila - her wish is standing in front of her with a cheeky smile and the brightest of aura.

She was unable to move in surprise, her knees turned jelly-like in thankfulness, her stomach churned in anticipation, her eyes are fixed and unmoving in awe, her heart beats a hundred times faster than normal because of love but her lips formed the most beautiful smile welcoming him home.

"Your wish is my command!" he boomed. "Happy birthday Hwangbo Hye Jung, saranghae!" he whispered.

She throws her arms around his neck, stand on her toes and kiss him passionately, letting him know how happy she is to receive her wish.

No words are needed, he kissed her back, carried her up without breaking their smoldering kiss, kicked the front door closed and fumbled with the lock, walked hurriedly back to her room, danced the intimate art of love making and starts her birthday celebration with a bang.

And yeah, filming be damned!



Note: Some parts recycled, hehe.

7 comments:

  1. me likey very much !!!!!

    i wonder how much their phone bill is ??? 3 hours straight overseas call......ahhhh love love love

    the surprise is soooo touching....i just wish this is really how they are in real life...or close

    Thanks Pink

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear ate pink,

    Kung nakita mo kung pno ko kinilig pgkabasa ko, ikakahiya mo ko. HAHAHAHA

    :) bebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ate sue - mayaman naman si HJ so he can waste some money on her, hahaha. i wish to see a Cartier earring on HB soon... should i say it 3 times so it would come true?

    @ bebe - katuwa comment mo bebe, i'm glad na masaya ka sa nabasa mo, so yung next ff ko, pang-inis ulit sa iyo, hahaha, joke... ang puso mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweeeeeeeeet!!!

    i think you have the ability to write a long fic, why don't you start one, i bet it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have that big of a confidence on me?

    but i don't think i have the stamina and the patience to write a long one, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it pink! a happy fic!

    athena

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm happy that you're happy :)

    hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!