Sunday, August 8, 2010

Your Charm

Of course, this is for Hwangbo... but this is also for Ate Sue, because she tends to see the good rather than the bad, my exact opposite but I love her more because of that.



Your pretend husband from two years ago (okay, okay, it's Kim Hyun Joong, as if there's a point in anonymity anyways *smirk*), once said that you changed him at the right time and that he strongly felt that you are someone sent by God. He could mean it or it could just be an attempt to have a smooth exit in the reality show, which is which, only he knows, but just for today, let's pretend that I am an optimist like my manager, so I, therefore, reckon that he wouldn't use the name of our Lord in vain so what he said must be what he really felt at that time. Issue settled.

(Note: Well, his part of the cake isn't decorated as well as the others because I just watched a past video of him and I don't like what I heard and saw, you can call me petty, as if I would care but then I prefer vengeful, it has more angst and it sounded a lot more mature, and in my age I wanna be or, at least, I wanna look mature even if it's just wishful thinking *cue: the witch's laughter*.)

Shin Ae ra, the other half of your favorite Compassion couple, once said that you are a lovely kid and you have a beautiful heart. In your 100th day episode in We Got Married, she visited as you choose the perfect wedding gown and she proudly told your ex-pretend husband that she saw you in the streets of Bangladesh hugging and kissing the children telling them that they are all pretty and that was just one of the many charity works that you've done and continuously doing.

Junjin or Park Choong Jae, your best friend for the longest time, once mentioned in an episode of Xman, I think in your Of Course bout, that you're the kind of friend who will come running to his side with just one phone call and that you'll fight for him and with him whatever is the cause. Also, when he guested in Golden Fisheries ages ago, he narrated that you are the only female celebrity who is willing to hang out with him even if it may cause some scandal and for that he is truly thankful.


Another boy band (in Korea, the right term is idol, right) leader, Jung Yunho, once said that you are his ideal girl, I picked that up in an Of Course battle between you two in Xman and then years after that in his various interviews, he said that he wants a girl who is filial and loving to her parents, someone who helps the needy like him, someone who can cook and sees the littlest details like a dirt on his face or on his shirt, someone who looks fierce but is super sweet and loving and the fan girl in me completely believes that he's talking about you. I see you in what he describes, I just connect it that way, teehee.

I am sure that there are more information, interviews, videos, etc., that I can gather and write about, but as I haven't slept for 40hours straight, I just don't have the sense and the mindset to do some research, I just worked on what's stored in my semi-working brain. If you have points to add, just tell me and I'll edit it out as soon as I can, okay?

Now, for my own personal perspective - I don't know HwangBo Hye Jung personally, so I can't vouch for anything about her. I just have this idea of an amazing woman based on what I have read, heard and watched, heck, I don't even understand a single word in Hangul so I mainly and completely rely on subs, and I admit that oftentimes, thoughts are lost in translations, so, it's even possible that I am not getting the whole drift of an interview or situation. Those that I have mentioned earlier were words from her friends and colleagues, and as all of them are from the entertainment industry, the probability of those utterances as half-lies are not slim, and yes, I am being ruthlessly frank here. But you know what, though those facts (or false) that I know may come and haunt me later and give me much pain and sorrows, I am not really affected coz you see, I already found her charm and those add-ons on her character are just that - toppings to an already scrumptious dessert.

For me, her real and greatest charm is her power to inspire. She inspires women and men to be better on what they do, on what they want, on what they dream. She inspires us... she inspires me. I see her as such, I may not live on her country, I may not speak her language, I may not be able to do what she can but all of those doesn't matter because she helps me reach a notch higher just by thinking that someday I can, at least, be half of what she is.

Yes, that is your charm...



* manager - Ate Sue

5 comments:

  1. NICE!

    I share your sentiments, high5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hwangbo is woman with big heart and great beauty she may not be as famous as the other korean celebs but for us her supporters...she's a big star

    true... she inspires us to be a better person...so in my own little way i will try to be a blessing to others as well.

    spread the love

    thanks pink...so touch with what you said up there ^

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anon - thanks, high5!

    @ate sue - let's do that! let's shine a little brighter each day and shed off some light for other people...we can do it ate sue, `ayt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,I really agree with this!(: What you've written is absolutely awesome to me! Can I request for permission to post this on my site? I'll credit you.(:

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!