Thursday, August 5, 2010

Picture of You

This is me joining Nads' August cause, and because it is a month-long celebration, you can expect more posts related to the woman we all love. Should I start humming the birthday song?


Lying on my bed
In the stillness of the night

Dreaming of a face
Only you could have

Of brows so perfect
Of lips so full
Of eyes which could mesmerize even a fool

I want to touch you
But I'm scared you may fade away
I wish I could feel you
But I'm afraid you won't stay


You're a sight to behold
Without a name, without a word
A picture of tenderness
Existing in my world

I wonder who you are
I wonder where you're from
Could you be an angel sent to me by the Lord


One day I hope to meet you
Full and complete
By then you won't be a picture
I see only in my dreams


EDIT: Nads sent this to me, this is the syndicated version as mentioned by an anonymous visitor and you can see it in her blog. Nads definitely made it prettier, cheers!



Note: The bandwagon is big, there's still an ample space for more people, care to join us?


6 comments:

  1. nice one pink....love your poem

    Ate Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. syndicated na ang poem na ito, nakita ko sa blog ni bruhilda, hurhur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, have you seen gaga's comment, iba daw dapat title nito, stalking in my dream daw, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ate sue - thanks manager-nim!

    @anon - hahaha, sosyal ha, syndicated, thanks for dropping by, i wish you left a name behind :)

    @another anon - stalking in my dream might work but i may sound a little too stalker-ish hence my title choice, it tells of love more, hurhur. hope to know your name the next time you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you even write poems, cool!

    i say you're a true-blue writer, not all fiction writers can do poetry, and not all poets can write long lits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, you're making me blush...

    whoever you are, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

You gotta show some lovin!